21 Things I Irrationally LOVE and 21 Things I Irrationally Hate Dislike
Dislikes: I will start with these to get them out of the way.
- The overuse or misuse of words, such as irrational, it is my list so it is my opinion and feelings therefore, it is not irrational.
- People who talk to me when I am writing or typing, I am easily distracted and I forget stuff very quickly so please refrain from interrupting me while I am getting my thoughts out.
- Cold, anything cold, I do not like cold weather, cold water, cold hands, etc. This list is endless.
- Pain, this one I might be able to add the word hate to, I hate being in pain or seeing anyone or anything in pain. I especially hate torture.
- Mean people!
- Bad dreams/nightmares, they are the worst because they ruin sleep and get stuck in my brain for days.
- Disregard for others feelings or well-being, for example you tell someone that you can’t be around cigarette smoke and they light up right next to you anyway and then expect you to move.
- This is a love/hate; technology, it evolves faster than I can keep up which leaves me feeling lost and confused.
- Litter bugs, come on find a trash can, it’s not that difficult.
- Pollution and other stuff that hurts Mother Nature, this one could be its own long list.
- Putting profits/gain before people/any living thing.
- Bullies! I know that is very similar to mean people but they need their own spot. Anyone that takes advantage of those weaker then themselves is worse than a mean person.
- Another love/hate; redundancy, if you just said it you do not need to say it again. However, some things bear repeating.
- The word TRY; either do it or don’t do it. If you attempt something then you did it. Likewise, if you don’t want to do something say so!
- Excuses; this is a tough one but really don’t give me excuses. If you need to explain that is fine but…NO excuses!
- Refusing to apologize or own up to; if you did something a wrong apologize and if you can right a wrong do it.
- Blaming; similar to the point above but you don’t just skirt the issue you put it off on someone or something else.
- Another love/hate, auto correct and spell-check, I want it to stop filling in or telling me that it is not a word when I know what it is I am saying.
- Judgment/shaming, it is not your place to judge/shame. Trust me you do not know enough about it to judge/shame anyone.
- Injustice, not really considering everything, and then rendering unjust decisions that have long-term effects.
- Ignorance, this is what causes so many problems, being uninformed is no excuse. From ignorance comes fear, which creates prejudice and other nasty outcomes.
21 Things I LOVE!
- Food/Drink, especially, leftovers, I like shopping for it, preparing it and eating it. Things like wine and beer go with this one.
- Books, this was not always a true statement for me, they were the bane of my existence when I was a child because I couldn’t read well. But now, my favorite things!
- Words, nothing is more powerful. They truly are mightier than the sword.
- LOVE, what’s not to love about love!
- Music, this seems to be on many of people’s lists, yet it is so true that music moves the world.
- Laughter/giggles, I love big bold belly laughs and children’s gleeful giggles.
- Simple manners, please, thank you, sir, mam, holding doors, etc. Teach these things to your children.
- Healing, so many things go under this from saying a simple “I am sorry” to miraculous healings.
- Renewal, as in spring but also in the many ways all things renew on a daily basis.
- Technology, remember this was a love/hate, without it we would literally still be living in the dark.
- Living for more than today or ourselves, the Native Americans believed that we should always consider seven generations down in making all decisions. This is a good way to live.
- Spirit/God/Angels and all that is shared between us mere mortals and the heavenly realm.
- Energy somewhat like that above statement, all living things have energy yet I also believe that things of the spirit have energy too.
- Redundancy; some things bear repeating and some things just naturally repeat or overlap. For instance, I can hear the words “I love you” over and over again.
- Joy, it is a concept often confused with happiness, but it is not contingent upon feelings it is a state of being.
- Lists, they make life easier and more compact.
- Open/Willingness, those that are open/willing to learn, to ask kind questions, to find out and investigate to improve relationships, procedures, etc.
- Questions, they are starting points to learn, to grow, to expand, and to improve.
- Auto correct/spell-check and other helpful things like dictionaries, resource materials and other sources that make writing and learning/expressing one’s self better/easier.
- Warm; warm anything, warm weather, warm hugs, warm blankets, and warm, warm, warm.
- Creativity, the spark that makes everything come into fruition.
- My readers, because without you I wouldn’t have anyone to read my lists/blog posts!
Of course, I saved the best for last. I’m a rule breaker and it’s my list and I thought YOU deserved a place on it; a bonus!
Sending you many of my favorite things:
Warm hugs, laughter, and angels,
From the movie Mary Poppins: